Format & Call Letters
News Talk - KIVA 93.7 FM/1600 AM
Rock of Talk / KIVA is Albuquerque's News Talk Station.
Rock of Talk / KIVA delivers intelligent talk from the nations’ talk leaders, providing clear and well-thought-out positions on issues being discussed across the country.
More Adults Listen To News Talk Radio 6am-7pm Than Any Other Radio Format!
Rock of Talk / KIVA is targeted to reach Affluent Men 35+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The News Talk Format is the No.1 format in weekday mornings across America.
- The News Talk Format dominates adults aged 35 + and is #1 with 55+ plus listeners.
- The News Talk Format has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
- The News Talk Format has an equal balance of listeners at home & away.
- The News Talk Format is the 2nd most listened to format in the 25-64 demo.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is 3.3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
Reach thousands of consumers each week with Rock of Talk / KIVA.
Rock of Talk / KIVA talk format is a very effective way to reach new customers with a high disposable income.
Demographic Rock of Talk / KIVA
Rock of Talk / KIVA targets listeners in their prime spending years.
Age: Rock of Talk / KIVA targets the affluent 35 to 64 demographic.
- Adults 18-34: 15%
- Adults 35-54: 35%
- Adults 55-64: 25%
- Adults 65+ : 25%
Gender: Approximately 70% of Rock of Talk / KIVA 's listeners are males, 30% are females. 70% of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Over 70% of Rock of Talk / KIVA 's listeners are married or engaged.
Occupation Rock of Talk / KIVA targets individuals who are employed fulltime in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education The News/Talk Format attracts listeners that are some of the most educated of all listeners to radio.
- Over 55% Completed College or more.
- Over 20% Have completed some college.
- Over 20% Completed high school.
- Over 70% have attended college.
Activities: Rock of Talk / KIVA attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars, and restaurants.
Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high-income earners and is a very effective way to reach new customers.
Market Your business to thousands of potential customers each week with Rock of Talk / KIVA.
Rock of Talk / KIVA Listeners Have Spending Power!
High Disposable Income: Approximately 65% of Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners have a household income between $50,000 to $75,000+
The News/Talk format targets listeners with high earning power in America.
- Over 40% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of over $75,000.
- Over 24% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Over 23% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Rock of Talk / KIVA News/Talk is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
Consumer Spending And Investment
Rock of Talk / KIVA 's News/Talk Radio format attracts consumers that spend heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of Rock of Talk / KIVA 's listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased men's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased men's shoes in the past year.
- Purchased women's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased fine jewelry in the past year.
- Purchased children's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased wine and beer in the past year.
- Purchased goods online on the Internet in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
Investments: Rock of Talk / KIVA targets listeners who have high incomes, are homeowners, and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
Rock of Talk / KIVA targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners in the past year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, and HDTVs.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
Rock of Talk / KIVA Listeners Have Spending Power!
Rock of Talk / KIVA targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects (s)
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
Rock of Talk / KIVA targets listeners with large retail purchasing power.
Rock of Talk / KIVA Is Built For Advertisers
Talk is radio' s most-listened-to format, capturing a 16.9% share of radio listening among all listeners, age 12 and older.
Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is the spoken word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music Radio, the most common point of tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
Rock of Talk / KIVA is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to Rock of Talk / KIVA differently.
Rock of Talk / KIVA is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest news, sports, weather events and stories.
Rock of Talk / KIVA listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on Rock of Talk /KIVA.
Rock of Talk / KIVA is built for advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making Rock of Talk / KIVA a great investment to help you get more customers.
The Rock of Talk / KIVA News Talk format is one of the strongest radio formats in the USA today!
The Rock of Talk / KIVA Line-up Monday To Friday
Rock of Talk / KIVA features some of the most highly rated talk programming in America.
12:00 am – Coast To Coast Am
3:00 am – America’s Morning News W/Gordon Deal
4:00 am – Clay Travis
7:00 am – Brian Kilmeade
10:00 am – Glenn Beck
12:00 pm – Dave Ramsey
1:00 pm – Sean Hannity
4:00 pm – Eddy Aragon – “The Rock Of Talk”
6:45 pm – Bill O'Reilly
7:00 pm – Buck Sexton
10:00 pm – Dana Loesch
11:00 pm – Coast To Coast Am
The Rock of Talk / KIVA sales team can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
AM 1600 KIVA Coverage Map
K229CL 93.7 FM Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here